Teen Pregnancy & Sexually Transmitted Infection Prevention
Our program’s initiative is to reduce rates of teen pregnancy and STI/HIV transmission among youth by:
- implementing evidence-based prevention education in high schools, middle schools and community settings;
- creating National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month Activities;
- maintaining a Youth Advisory Council; and
- maintaining a Community Action Group to ensure services are relevant to the community.
What Our Community Action Group is Working On
Chair: Jeanie Michalec
To organize, educate and engage the community to develop youth who have the skills to make healthy reproductive choices.”
- Building relationships with schools in order to provide evidence based reproductive health curriculum.
- Developing strategies to support the community in addressing reproductive health disparities.